A post-doctoral position on translational breast cancer research at the Turku Bioscience Centre, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
A post-doctoral position is available in the laboratory of Professor Jukka Westermarck at the Turku Bioscience Centre, University of Turku, Turku, Finland.
We are looking for highly motivated researcher with PhD degree to join our dynamic research group broadly focused on phosphoproteome signalling in human cancers
Recent rapidly accumulating data from others and us, indicate that breast cancer progression, and therapy responses, are critically regulated by Protein Phosphatase 2A (PP2A) inhibitor protein CIP2A discovered by us (PMID: 34145035, PMID: 31755573, PMID: 23306062, PMID: 24927563, PMID: 17632056). This project is focused on characterization of novel molecular mechanisms by which CIP2A is essential for BRCA-mutant TNBC breast cancer cells, and on understanding of the role of CIP2A in clinical TNBC therapy responses.
The project also involves development of therapeutic approaches to target CIP2A. The project is carried out in a close collaboration with strong bioinformatics, drug development, and breast cancer clinical trial teams with a common goal to advance the acquired information to future clinical practice.
Turku Bioscience Centre (TBC), University of Turku is a top-quality research center harbouring several research groups with distinguished publication profile (https://bioscience.fi). The centre harbours excellent core facilities facilitating use of world-class state-of-art technologies for all aspects of the project (https://bioscience.fi/services). Furthermore, BioCity Turku umbrella organization offers very high-quality research training including frequent seminars by world recognized speakers. Last but not least, Finland is a country with world´s happiest people and excellent quality of life.
- PhD (already obtained or soon-to-be)
- First author publication in a respectable journal
- Competence in independent scientific thinking and project management
- Strong interest in translational cancer research
- Fluent spoken and written English
Preferrable technical competencies (alternative)
- Functional genetics screens
- Recombinant protein work
- Structural biology
For further information or inquiries regarding this post, please contact Jukka Westermarck by e-mail: email@example.com. The position will be filled upon identification of a suitable candidate and is available starting immediately thereafter. Post starts with a 4-month trial period, and is for 3 years. The selected applicant will be receiving a monthly research grant equivalent in amount to post-doctoral position salary.
How to apply:
- Please email Tiina Arsiola firstname.lastname@example.org one PDF document including your CV and an application letter clearly describing how your profile matches to candidate requirements listed above, and other previous achievements in the field. Also include names and contact information of three references.
- Indicate following text in the subject line of your e-mail: Post-doc position/Breast cancer
Our selected recent publications: