Frontiers of Science: Prof. Camille Locht
March 17th at 12:00
Spring 2022 poster
Prof. Camille Locht, Inserm, the French National Institute of Health and Medical Research, France
Live attenuated pertussis vaccine, on- and off-target effects
host: Qiushui He (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Registration closes March 16th at 12:00
Students and early-career postdocs are welcome to share a virtual cup of coffee and discuss with Prof. Locht after the seminar. This is a great possibility to learn hosting skills in friendly environment and create connections for future. Every student are welcome to join, in spite of which research group they belong to.
If you got interested, after registering to the event please send an email to email@example.com
Dr. Camille Locht used to serve as Research Director, French National Institute of Health and Medical Research (Inserm), Head of the Center for Infection and Immunity of Lille, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France. He has obtained his PhD at the Catholic University of Leuven in Belgium in 1984. After a 3-years post-doctoral stay at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease in the USA, where he started to work on pertussis and cloned the pertussis toxin genes, he joined SmithKline – Beecham (now GSK) to help developing acellular pertussis vaccines. Since 1989 he is the head of a research laboratory at the Institut Pasteur de Lille, where he has been the Scientific Director from 2005 to 2013.
His research interest is in molecular pathogenesis of respiratory infections, essentially pertussis and tuberculosis, with the long-term aim to develop new vaccines against both diseases. He has recently developed a new generation of pertussis vaccine “live attenuated BPZE1 pertussis vaccine” that can be used for nasal immunization against pertussis. The vaccine is now in Phase III trial. The experience in vaccine development he has gained will be important for the field of vaccinology and immunology, especially for the development of nasal Covid-19 vaccine in which Turku/Finnish people are working with.
Camille Locht. Is there a potential for novel, nasal pertussis vaccines? Expert Rev Vaccines. 2021 Apr;20(4):415-423.
Maja Jahnmatz, Laura Richert, Nabil al-Tawil, Jann Storsaeter, Céline Colin, Claire Bauduin, Marcel Thalen, Ken Solovay, Keith Rubin, Nathalie Mielcarek, Rigmor Thorstensson, Camille Locht, and the BPZE1 study team. Safety and immunogenicity of the live attenuated intranasal pertussis vaccine BPZE1: a phase 1b, double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled dose-escalation study. Lancet Infect Dis 2020 Nov;20(11):1290-1301.
Luis Solans, Anne-Sophie Debrie, Lisa Borkner, Nacho Aguiló Anaïs Thiriard, Loic Coutte, Santi Uranga, François Trottein, Carlos Martín, Kingston Mills, Camille Locht. IL-17-dependent SIgA-mediated protection against nasal Bordetella pertussis infection by live attenuated BPZE1 vaccine. Mucosal Immunol 2018 Nov;11(6):1753-1762.
Camille Locht, James F. Papin, Sophie Lecher, Anne-Sophie Debrie, Marcel Thalen, Ken Solovay, Keith Rubin, Nathalie Mielcarek. Live Attenuated Pertussis Vaccine BPZE1 Protects Baboons Against Bordetella pertussis Disease and Infection. J Infect Dis 2017 Jul 1;216(1):117-124.
Nicolas Blondiaux, Martin Moune, Matthieu Desroses, Rosangela Frita, Marion Flipo, Vanessa Mathys, Karine Soetaert, Mehdi Kiass, Vincent Delorme, Kamel Djaout, Vincent Trebosc, Christian Kemmer, René Wintjens, Alexandre Wohlkönig, Rudy Antoine, Ludovic Huot, David Hot, Mireia Coscolla, Julia Feldmann, Sebastien Gagneux, Camille Locht, et al. Reversion of antibiotic resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis by spiroisoxazoline SMARt-420. Science 2017 Mar 17;355(6330):1206-1211.
- Registration is obligatory for online events and links to register are in BioCity Turku website (https://biocityturku.fi/) and advertised in our news feed.
- For Turku affiliated people it is now possible to register to all spring 2022 online seminars in one go.
- Registration closes and zoom link is sent to participants one day before the event.
- For on-site events there is no need to register in advance. If necessary, the on-site event can be flipped into fully virtual even on a very short notice.
- If you are a student and later wish to get a certificate of attendance from the Frontier of Science seminars, please fill in your student number when registerein. For on-site seminars please print your seminar diary from here.
- If you wish to follow BioCity Turku news feed and receive up to date information about the Frontiers of Science seminars and other events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that any audio or video recording of the seminars is strictly forbidden.
Mar 17, 2022 12:00