Working with us
About Biocity community
Are you wondering what it would be like to work with us? Check out what Hellyeh Hamidi from Ivaska Lab has to say in the second part of this introduction video about Biocity community! Don’t forget to turn on English subtitles for the first half of the video for Sanja Vanhatalo’s comments. (CC –> Settings –> Subtitles –> Auto-translate — English)
International work community at University of Turku
Senior Researcher for protein chemistry platform at BioCity Turku. Deadline July 31st
BioCity Turku is a joint biocentre which links the University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University to support and coordinate life science and molecular medicine related research in the Turku region. Both universities under BioCity Turku umbrella have significant core facility resources related to protein production, protein chemistry, protein interaction studies and biophysical protein analysis.
We are now hiring a senior researcher for at least three years to setup a one-stop-shop open access core facility to maximally utilize the available protein chemistry resources among BioCity Turku researchers, and to serve as the customer contact person. The duties also include education of the potential users about the available services, as well as outreaching to potential new academic and industrial customers. The work includes laboratory work related to maintenance and customer-related protocol development, as well as basic protein production, and analysis services.
We are looking for a PhD or soon-to-be with solid background on protein chemistry and/or protein analysis technologies, but also a customer-oriented attitude to serve the customer base and to develop the services. The position is based at the Department of Life Technologies, in the Biochemistry division, in University of Turku.
- Academic degree (PhD or soon-to-be PhD) in a relevant discipline.
- Solid hands-on experience in protein chemistry and/or protein analysis technologies, particularly recombinant protein production and analysis (Äkta, SEC-MALS, calorimetry etc.).
- Peer-reviewed publications including protein chemistry and/or protein analysis technologies.
- Good communication skills in English and strong interpersonal/networking skills.
- Experience in setting up and maintaining web pages.
- Experience in budgeting, billing, customer service and administrative tasks.
- Experience in core-facility activities or related research service projects at academia or industry.
The salary is determined by a collective agreement system of the Finnish universities. The position belongs to research personnel and the gross salary will be in average 2600-2900 eur/month for a person holding an MSc degree (soon-to-be PhD) and 3100-3600 eur/month for a person holding a PhD degree.
Duration of the contract
The start of the employment is negotiable, preferably in September 2021. The position is fixed-term for three years, with a possibility for an eventual extension. The position is subject to a six-month trial period.
What to do next
Please submit your application latest on 31.7.2021 using the online application system at https://www.utu.fi/en/university/come-work-with-us. In addition, applications must have the following enclosures (in English):
- Motivation letter max 1 page focusing on your competences related particularly to customer service and protein chemistry
- Copy of degree certificates
- Contact details for at least three referees (name, working place, e-mail address)
- List of publications (please do not attach articles or conference materials)