Working with us
Information about Finland, Finnish culture and working in Finland & Turku.
- This is Finland
- Introduction to Finnish working culture
- Information about Turku
- International House Turku
- Checklist for Incoming Internationals (University of Turku)
- Information for international staff and researchers (Åbo Akademi)
About Biocity community
Are you wondering what it would be like to work with us? Check out what Hellyeh Hamidi from Ivaska Lab has to say in the second part of this introduction video about Biocity community! Don’t forget to turn on English subtitles for the first half of the video for Sanja Vanhatalo’s comments. (CC –> Settings –> Subtitles –> Auto-translate — English)
International work community at University of Turku
Project researcher/Postdoctoral researcher in single cell data analytics. Closes June 17
We are seeking an expert in data analytics and bioinformatics to join our core facility teams at Single cell Omics Facility and Turku Medical Bioinformatics Centre (MBC). Together we strive to support high-quality research at academic and industrial sector by enabling services for the emerging fields of single-cell and spatially resolved gene expression and protein profiling as part of the national Biocenter Finland infrastructure network.
We offer a vantage point in the rapidly developing area of single cell technology with an opportunity to develop as a specialist in the field. Our multicultural and multidisciplinary team provides a working community that fosters creativity and diversity.
- Deployment, testing and development of data analysis pipelines for single-cell omics data
- Processing and computational analysis of different types of single-cell sequencing, spatial transcriptomics and mass cytometry datasets
- Provision of expert support in bioinformatics for academic and industrial users
- Development of quality control strategies
- Experience in various bioinformatic data analysis tools
- Prior experience in single-cell sequencing data analysis
- Good programming skills (e.g. Python, R) and ability to work with high-performance computing (HPC) systems
- Good communication skills in English and strong interpersonal skills
- Academic degree ( Master, PhD, or soon-to-be) in a relevant discipline
- Prior experience in mass cytometry data analysis
- Experience in biomedical research
- Strong scientific publication record (considering career stage)
The salary is determined by the collective agreement system of Finnish universities. The position belongs to research personnel and the salary will be 2300-3000 eur/month for a person holding MSc degree and 3100 – 3600 eur/month for a person holding PhD degree.
Duration of the contract
The start of employment is negotiable. The position is fixed-term for two years, with a possibility for extension. The position is subject to a six-month trial period.
What to do next
Please send your application right away, as we start the interviews already during our application period.
The applications must be submitted at the latest on June 17th, 2022 using the electronic system. The application should include a motivation letter, CV (max. two pages), degree certificates and contact information for two referees. A link to the electronic application system can be found at www.utu.fi/careers.
For further information please contact bioinformatics-coordinator(at)utu.fi or +358 (0)29 450 3796. In case you need help with the application process, please turn to firstname.lastname@example.org