Quantitative Real-Time PCR
Plate Running Service
The Plate running service is intended only for user-prepared plates. We are running plates as a service at the beginning of each week, Monday-Wednesday. The rest of the week is reserved for users who run plates themselves. If you are interested to operate QuantStudio independently, please contact taqman (at) utu.fi and ask for training.
We currently operate QuantStudio™ 12K Flex Real-Time PCR System (Thermo Fisher Scientific).
When you bring a plate to us, below is a list of details you should consider.
- You have the right plate format. We can run:
- 96-well plates (4titude, 4ti-0912 or equivalent, semi-skirted, barcoded plate).
- 384-well plates (4titude,4ti-0384 or equivalent, skirted, barcoded plate).
Both plate types and plate seals are available through our plastic ware storage. Please note that all plates coming to the plate running service need to be barcoded. For those users who do not have access to our common storage: please send your plasticware order by emailing taqman (at) utu.fi. We will deliver your order to the Turku Bioscience parcel drop zone. 96 and 384 well plates are sold in packages of 10 and seals are sold in packages of 100.
- Prepare your plate, put it in a plastic (minigrip) bag, identify the bag with your name and bring it to the cold room “Kyösti” into a box “qPCR Plate Running Service” in Biocity, A-stairs, 5th floor (BTK).
- Make the run file (eds.file) for your plate with QuantStudio 12K analysis software (you can get the software from us free of charge).
- Thermo Fisher provides software options for data analysis:
- Thermo Fisher Cloud is the recommended way to view and analyze your run data. You can access the cloud here.
- QuantStudio 12 K Flex software is used with QuantStudio instrument for creating and analyzing plate run files. To get your copy of the QuantStudio software, please contact us at taqman (at) utu.fi.
- Send the EDS file as an e-mail attachment to taqman (at) utu.fi. All the 96 well plates which are submitted in the plate running service on weekdays (Monday-Wednesday) before 1 pm will be placed on the running queue of the same day and you will get the results during the next workday. The 384 plates you can bring only on Mondays or Tuesdays and we will run them during the beginning of the week (latest on Wednesday), when there is suitable time to change the block.
- If you would like to get the plate back, please mention it in the email.