Frontiers of Science: Petter Brodin
December 2nd at 12:00
Frontiers of Science meets InFLAMES
Prof. Petter Brodin, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
Systems level analyses of immune system development
host: Riitta Lahesmaa (email@example.com)
Register latest December 1st at 12:00
Students and early-career postdocs are welcome to share a virtual cup of coffee and discuss with Prof. Petter Brodin after the seminar. This is a great possibility to learn hosting skills in friendly environment and create connections for future. Every student are welcome to join, in spite of which research group they belong to.
If you got interested, after registering to the event please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Petter Brodin is professor of paediatric immunology at the Karolinska Institute and consultant at Astrid Lindgren’s Children’s hospital, Karolinska University hospital in Stockholm, Sweden. The Brodin lab develops and applies novel experimental and computational methods to describe human immune system variation with a particular interest in the immune systems of children, its development early in life, and its role in health and disease during childhood.
After completing the MD/PhD program at the Karolinska Institute, Brodin joined the Mark M Davis’s laboratory at HHMI, Stanford University School of Medicine as a postdoctoral fellow, investigating the contribution of heritable and non-heritable sources of variation in immune systems of twins (Brodin et al, Cell, 2015). Following this, Brodin returned to Sweden to establish a national facility for Mass cytometry at the Swedish infrastructure hub, Science for Life Laboratory. He also established his own research program applying systems-immunology methods to the study of immune system development early in life and immune system dysregulation in health and disease.
- All autumn 2021 Frontiers of Science seminars are arranged online as eTALKs.
- Registration is obligatory and links to register are in BioCity Turku website (https://biocityturku.fi/) and advertised in our news feed.
- For Turku affiliated people it is now possible to register to all autumn 2021 seminars in one go.
- Registration closes and zoom link is sent to participants one day before the event.
- If you are a student and later wish to get a certificate of attendance from the Frontier of Science seminars, please fill in your student number.
- If you wish to follow BioCity Turku news feed and receive up to date information about the Frontiers of Science seminars and other events, please contact email@example.com
Please note that any audio or video recording of the seminars is strictly forbidden.