Frontiers of Science: Why so many ways to die?
Dr. Vishva M. Dixit, Genentech Inc., US
Why so many ways to die?
online event at 18:00
host: Annika Meinander (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Registration closes March 10th at 12:00
Students and early-career postdocs are welcome to share a virtual cup of coffee and discuss with Dr. Dixit after the seminar. This is a great possibility to learn hosting skills in friendly environment and create connections for future. Every student are welcome to join, in spite of which research group they belong to.
If you got interested, after registering to the event please send an email to email@example.com
Vishva M. Dixit is a Vice President of Physiological Chemistry at Genentech, Inc. His interests include cell death, NF-kB signaling, role of ubiquitin modification in disease pathogenesis, and characterizing regulatory complexes within the innate immune system, especially, the inflammasome. He is a Foreign Member of European Molecular Biology Organization, and a member of the National Academy of Medicine, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and the National Academy of Sciences. Additionally, he serves on the Boards of the Gates Foundation, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, and Keystone Symposia.
AD Gitlin, K Heger, AF Schubert, R Reja, D Yan, VC Pham, E Suto, … VM Dixit (2020) Integration of innate immune signalling by caspase-8 cleavage of N4BP1. Nature 587, 275-280
A Ndoja, R Reja, SH Lee, JD Webster, H Ngu, CM Rose, DS Kirkpatrick, … VM Dixit (2020) Ubiquitin Ligase COP1 Suppresses Neuroinflammation by Degrading c/EBPβ in Microglia. Cell 182 (5), 1156-1169. e12
N Kayagaki, VM Dixit (2019) Rescue from a fiery death: A therapeutic endeavor. Science 366 (6466), 688-689
A historical perspective of his contributions is published in Nature (2008, 453:271-273) and Nature Cell Biology (2010, 12(5): 415).
- All spring 2021 Frontiers of Science seminars are arranged online as eTALKs.
- Registration is obligatory and links to register are in BioCity Turku website (https://biocityturku.fi/) and advertised in our news feed.
- For Turku affiliated people it is now possible to register to all spring 2021 seminars in one go.
- Registration closes and zoom link is sent to participants one day before the event.
- If you are a student and later wish to get a certificate of attendance from the Frontier of Science seminars, please fill in your student number.
- If you wish to follow BioCity Turku news feed and receive up to date information about the Frontiers of Science seminars and other events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that any audio or video recording of the seminars is strictly forbidden.