About the Core
The Turku Metabolomics Centre is a joint venture between five laboratories from Åbo Akademi and the University of Turku, with a primary focus on clinical applications of metabolomics. The Centre brings the constituent laboratories under one organisational structure to jointly provide expertise across a variety of complimentary aspects of metabolomics.
The constituent laboratories are:
- The Systems Medicine group (Turku Centre for Biotechnology), contributing targeted mass spectrometry methods for clinical applications.
- The NMR instrument Centre (University of Turku and Åbo Akademi) providing tissue NMR facilities using a 1H-HR-MAS probe.
- The Bioanalytical Laboratory (University of Turku), whose primary focus is developing biomarker assays and studying pharmacokinetics under GLP settings for use in clinical trials and drug development research.
- The Turku PET Centre (University of Turku, Åbo Akademi University and Turku University Hospital)
- The Food Chemistry and Food Development department (University of Turku).