Description of the Assay
This assay measures plant hormones from plant leaf extracts.
Plant hormones which, also known as phytohormones, are signalling molecules in certain algae and in plants, these molecules occurring at extremely low concentrations. These hormones play key roles in plant development, embryogenesis, defence, growth, stress and reproduction.
This method detects naturally-occurring as well as, on request, 2H/13C-isotopic labelled plant hormones. Structural/artificial analogues or 2H/13C-isotopic labelled plant hormones can/will be used as internal standards for (semi-)quantification. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions in advance.
- Salycilic acid
- Jasmonic acid
- trans- and cis-Oxo-phytodienoic acid (OPDA)
- trans- and cis-dinor-oxo-phytodienoic acid (dnOPDA)
For other plant hormones, customers are encouraged to get in contact with us prior to sending samples.
Sample Types Accepted
- The ideal samples are plant leaves (but also other extractable compartments of plants will be accepted).
- For all other kinds of samples, please contact us prior to sending.
- Samples should to be stored at -20⁰C.
- Avoid freeze/thaw cycles after the initial freeze.
- Ideally, samples should be aliquoted into suitably-sealed standard containers with labels, such as 12 mL Falcon-tubes or larger volumes.
- Sample lists/grids should be provided in electronic format along with the samples
- If possible, provide information on sample collection and handling procedures, including :
- Sample source
- Sample collection date
- Freezing method, length of storage and temperature
- Number and type of freeze and thaw cycles
CONTACTING US / QUESTIONS
Regarding experimental details, desired outcomes and all sample preparation and handling, please don’t hesitate to contact us in advance with all such questions and, in particular, if your samples require special handling or if 2H/13C-isotopic labelled compounds are to be measured.