Immunology seminar series, Satu Mustjoki
September 21st at 14-15
Satu Mustjoki, University of Helsinki: Somatic mutations in (non-malignant) immune-mediated diseases
Host: Riitta Lahesmaa ( rilahes (at) utu.fi )
Register latest September 20th at: https://link.webropolsurveys.com/S/525C915E3FD18EF0
Zoom link and iCalendar invitation to join the online event will be sent to all registered participants one day before the event.
Immunology seminar series is jointly organised by the Finnish Society for Immunology, InFLAMES Flagship and Turku Bioscience. For further information contact Anne Lahdenperä ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) or Riitta Lahesmaa ( email@example.com ), University of Turku.
Dr. Satu Mustjoki, MD, PhD is a professor of Translational Hematology at the University of Helsinki, Finland. She received her medical degree (1997) and PhD degree (2001) at the University of Helsinki, after which she did her specialty degree in Clinical Chemistry (laboratory hematology).
Satu Mustjoki started her own research group in 2008 at the Helsinki University Hospital, and her research experience includes basic and applied cancer research on leukemia and hematopoietic stem cells, cancer cell invasion, tumor immunology, and molecular genetics. She has also led several translational immunological biomarker studies in conjunction with the international clinical trials in leukemia. Her current research interests focus both on tumor immunology and on the molecular mechanisms of T-cell malignancies and associated autoimmune disorders.
Currently Satu Mustjoki is leading the Translational Immunology Research Program at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Helsinki, Finland (www.helsinki.fi/trimm). Her own research group at the Hematology Research Unit Helsinki (www.helsinki.fi/hematology) consists of 30 members involving both basic and clinical scientists in hematology and immunology. In 2015 she received a 5-year European Research Council (ERC) Consolidator Grant, which relates to molecular mechanisms of autoimmune disorders. Satu Mustjoki has more than 150 publications in international peer reviewed journals, such as New England Journal of Medicine, Nature Genetics, Nature Communications, Blood, and Cancer Cell.
- Mustjoki S, Young NS. Somatic Mutations in “Benign” Disease. N Engl J Med. 2021;384(21):2039-52.
- Lundgren S, Keranen MAI, Kankainen M, Huuhtanen J, Walldin G, Kerr CM, Clemente M, Ebeling F, Rajala H, Bruck O, Lahdesmaki H, Hannula S, Hannunen T, Ellonen P, Young NS, Ogawa S, Maciejewski JP, Hellstrom-Lindberg E, Mustjoki S. Somatic mutations in lymphocytes in patients with immune-mediated aplastic anemia. 2021;35(5):1365-79.
- Savola P, Martelius T, Kankainen M, Huuhtanen J, Lundgren S, Koski Y, Eldfors S, Kelkka T, Keranen MAI, Ellonen P, Kovanen PE, Kytola S, Saarela J, Lahdesmaki H, Seppanen MRJ, Mustjoki S. Somatic mutations and T-cell clonality in patients with immunodeficiency. 2020;105(12):2757-68.
- Kim D, Park G, Huuhtanen J, Lundgren S, Khajuria RK, Hurtado AM, Muñoz-Calleja C, Cardeñoso L, Gómez-García de Soria V, Chen-Liang TH, Eldfors S, Ellonen P, Hannula S, Kankainen M, Bruck O, Kreutzman A, Salmenniemi U, Lönnberg T, Jerez A, Itälä-Remes M, Myllymäki M, Keränen MAI, Mustjoki S. Somatic mTOR mutation in clonally expanded T lymphocytes associated with chronic graft versus host disease. Nat Commun. 2020;11:2770.
- Savola P, Kelkka T, Rajala HL, Kuuliala A, Kuuliala K, Eldfors S, Ellonen P, Lagstrom S, Lepisto M, Hannunen T, Andersson EI, Khajuria RK, Jaatinen T, Koivuniemi R, Repo H, Saarela J, Porkka K, Leirisalo-Repo M, Mustjoki S. Somatic mutations in clonally expanded cytotoxic T lymphocytes in patients with newly diagnosed rheumatoid arthritis. Nat Commun. 2017;8:15869.